One of my favorite things about getting a new program is the recipes that come with the meal plan. I tell people all the time when they first order a Beachbody program… you have NO idea what you are about to get! You get a complete fitness program created by the world’s best trainers and nutrition guides and recipes that were created just for that particular program by top-notch nutritionists. Every time I unbox a new Challenge Pack, it feels like Christmas!! Workouts, meal plans, recipes, calendars, the WORKS!
Anyway, one of the first recipes I tried when I started Body Beast was Sagi’s Signature Meatballs. Not only are they fast, easy and delicious… they are easy to double or triple… and they are SO good. I’ve made them twice this week, and my husband and kids can’t get enough. So, as requested, here you go! <3
SAGI’S SIGNATURE MEATBALLS
(Makes 6 servings, 5 meatballs each)
Total Time: 40 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (I am NOT a fan of cilantro, so I left this out… and I added extra garlic and dijon mustard)
- 2 tablespoons all-natural tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400° F; lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well with clean hands.
3. Roll mixture into 30 1-inch meatballs; place on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in center.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 220 / Fat: 10 g / Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 109 mg / Sodium: 460 mg
Carbohydrate: 8 g / Fiber: 1 g / Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 25 g